- It's cold! Don't forget to get winter accessories such as a beautiful stole. And don't worry, it doesn't have to be white! That goes for your bridesmaids as well.
- And while we are on winter accessories, make sure your reception venue has a good coat check system.
- Keep the weather in mind when planning the location of the ceremony and reception. Especially with the unpredictable weather, try to keep everything in a central location.
- Winter pictures come out amazing, but don't forget to think of daylight when planning out the timeline of your wedding. It gets dark much earlier in the winter, so plan accordingly.
- Flowers are expensive and can be difficult to get in the winter, but if you play into the winter theme, there are many good options out there. Keep an open mind when make decisions about flowers.
visit www.oneilevents.carlsoncraft.com for more ideas!
A personal favorite!
Stationary and other printed materials and accessories can set the tone for the theme and experience you want your guest to feel. Below are some examples of how to do that with the "Roaring 20s" theme.
Check out some more ideas on our Pinterest board.
Invitations can range greatly in prices. You want to stay affordable, but don't want to send out a cheap looking invitation. Remember, the invitation is the first impression your guest will see the tone and the theme of your wedding! Here is a breakdown of the cost.
Cotton paper will be the most expensive type of paper to get your invitations printed on. A great alternative, while still keeping a good paper weight, would be a linen stock with texture. Also, natural papers will remain affordable. As I'm sure you could assume, a shiny finished paper will be more expensive than a matte finished paper. Choosing a lighter weight in stock paper can also reduce your overall cost.
The types of printing (from most expensive to least expensive) are Engraved or Letterpress, Thermography, Offset Printing and Digital Printing. When printing invitations, try to keep to just one or two fonts. Anything more can look overwhelming or messy.
- Response post card will cost less than a response card and envelope.
- Round corners can cost more in the production phase.
- Standard ink colors will also be a great way to keep your cost down.
For more information visit www.oneilevents.carlsoncraft.com
NOT HAVING A RAIN PLAN. Yes, ideally the weather will be perfect and you will be able to have the dream wedding you have spent months planning. However, not having a rain plan will cause you more stress, worry and problems on your wedding day. Also, if you are able to come up with a plan beforehand, you will be able to mentally process what will happen if there is bad weather.
TIMING. It's best to not have anything scheduled during noon during the summer, especially pictures. Do yourself a favor and find out the best times to be outside during the hot summer months.
ATTIRE. Planning an outdoor black tie wedding is unfair to your guest. Yes, you can have an outdoor option for your black tie dressed guests, but make sure you are not setting your wedding up for failure. If all of your wedding activities are outside, be prepared for your guest to have more of a laid back attitude when it comes to their attire.
NOT HAVING ENOUGH HYDRATION STATIONS. If your ceremony is outside, maybe have a little lemonade and water station for your guest. Keep in mind many guests get to the wedding ceremony at least 15 minutes before it even begins. So even if you have a quick ceremony, you are still asking your guest to be outside for at least 30 to 45 minutes.
BUG SPRAY. Sounds silly, but trust me it will make a world of difference. Guest will appreciate that you have thought about them and your guests will have a much better time if bugs aren't flying up their noses. Nothing can kill wedding fun faster than uninvited critters.
It's easy to keep on theme all through your printed wedding materials. Just plan ahead and it will make life easier in the end!
Check out an example of keeping on theme below.
Check out oneilevents.carlsoncraft.com for more ideas and inspirations!
Just because you are having a DIY wedding, doesn't mean it will be difficult to keep everything a cohesive story. Check out how easy it is below.
Get your customized photo booth signs! Great way to add extra details to your wedding.