"There are NO rules in the house. I'm not like a *regular* mom, I'm a *cool* mom."
As much as I love Emily Post, I do believe some of her etiquette lessons should be taken more figuratively, not literally. The lesson should be understood, but not all followed verbatim.
Here are some of my favorite rules that have more to do wih the overall story and not a rule to be taken literally.
- A woman should never travel alone.
- A house must have her help to collect visitor items (Ha - I wish)
- A woman shouldn't carry too much with her, she should have a man do it. (I mean I wouldn't be upset if someone carried my heavy bags, but I don't think society should judge me if they don't!)
- No butter served at the dinner table (My family wouldn't eat anything if that were the case)
- A woman must never lean on anything. (I wear 4 inch heels...I'll lean if I want to)